Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Independent Service Learning: Dragon Boat Races

Part of my independent service was at the annual Philadelphia Dragon Boat Race, which is an annual boat race held every year at a different location. Me and several of my fellow students went out to the waterfront to volunteer in this activity.

-What have I learned about myself through this experience?
From this experience i have learned that i am a very impatient person and i get annoyed easy. for instance, I had to work on the docks and we had to hold this long boat by the tail with at leats 300 pounds of weight in it and litereally be dragged across the dock until the starting bell went off and in my mind while im doing this im thinkin,' If they dont ring that m-effin bell", lol...

-What would you change about this situation if you were in charge?
if there was one thing i would change it would be the fact that i was out on the dock all day and when we finally got off the park was empty and i had nothing to eat, so i stayed up there for 7 hours while everyone else was home.

-How will service learning change your future behaviors/attitudes/and career?
i think that service learning willl help me not be so rude and ignorant to people and at least try and help them out. (sike)

No comments: